Warranty and Maintenance Plan
3 year or 100,000km Warranty
Every Subaru sold in South Africa is warranted against any defect in material or workmanship for a period of 3 years or 100 000 km, whichever comes first. This warranty excludes certain maintenance items which are subject to wear and tear. Batteries, shock absorbers, clutches and exhaust systems are warranted for one year or 30 000 km, whichever comes first. Only genuine parts fitted by an authorised dealer are warranted and any parts fitted without Subaru’s approval will void the warranty. This includes accessories, exhausts, filters and parts not of the original specifications of the vehicle unless manufacturer approved. Genuine Subaru replacement parts are likewise warranted for a period of 12 months.
3 year or 60,000 / 75,000km Maintenance Plan
Subaru’s All-Wheel Drive Maintenance Plan covers all new Subaru vehicles and comes at no cost to the purchaser. The plan has not resulted in any vehicle price increases, with the benefit of peace of mind motoring being passed onto you, the customer.
The free Subaru Owner Reward Programme package consists of the All-Wheel Drive Maintenance Plan and Subaru Assist, which includes emergency, legal and map assistance. It offers free maintenance for 3-years/ 75 000 km on petrol models and 3-years/ 60 000 km for diesel models. The Subaru BRZ comes standard with a 5-year/ 105 000 km maintenance plan.
What is covered?
- All mechanical related items
- Wear and tear
- Mechanical and electrical component repair/failure
- Service and maintenance
What is not covered?
- Petrol and top up oil (between services)
- Accident damage and insurance claims
- Tyres and wheel alignment
- Glass replacement
- Abuse and/or negligence
- Non-mechanical interior trim and paintwork
- Repair to on-board entertainment such as audio systems
- Repairs to non-factory components and any subsequent repairs or modifications
Subaru has no service plans as all its vehicles under the Subaru Owners Reward Programme have their services covered in the maintenance portions of the programme. The value of the Subaru Owners Reward Programme is calculated at approximately R30 000.
Extended maintenance plans for extra peace of mind
- Enjoy further confidence and peace of mind with our extended maintenance plans, available on all new Subaru vehicles up to 5-years or 150 000 km, whichever comes first. Benefits include:
- You pay for tomorrow’s costs at today’s rates, avoiding inflation and price increases on parts and labour
- Maintenance plan extension costs can be included in your vehicle finance agreement, minimising its impact and unforeseen future expenses
- Only Subaru genuine parts are used which come with their own one year warranty and are in full compliance with your vehicle’s warranty terms
- Services are conducted to the highest standards by trained Subaru technicians with extensive knowledge of your Subaru for optimum vehicle performance
- Vehicle value is enhanced at the time of resale
Please contact your nearest dealer should you require more information